Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Some of my favorite stories about myself...if you can't laugh at yourself, don't laugh at others.

Princess For A Day...
Once Ikey, my husband, gave me a birthday card and I started reading it a loud to my family...

The first page read, "Some men have their riches through their bank accounts."
The next page read, "Some men have their riches through their real estate."
The card had several pages of how men have their riches...
I read the last page to say, "Some men have their riches through their princess brides...
I thought that was so great that he thought of me as a princess...
I proceeded to say things like..."Well, the Princess is going to go get something to eat," and "The princess is going to go to the bathroom," and "The princess is going to bed."
Well, I did go to bed and when I woke up the next morning, I sat up and said, "It's time for the princess to get up."
Ikey then replied, I let you be a princess for a day, but the word on the card was priceless."
I said, "I am going to check the card."
He said, "I already have.

He did think I was priceless... :)


When my 40th birthday came around, he did plan me a princess birthday party. That was pretty great! I received a crown, a bracelet and lots of princess items. To this day I still receive gifts with princess on them. That's OK by me.


The Princess Goes To Jail
Another crazy story about me...was when I forgot to pay my speeding ticket... When I went to pay it, their was a warrant out for my arrest...they arrested me! I got the full treatment. It is a long and crazy story, I will be glad to share. It is funny now...but it wasn't then. Especially not to Ikey. I was photographed, and everything...I got the full treatment. I cried the entire time I was there. I guess that was my version of the princess goes to jail.

1 comment: