Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Spirit Within Us...

The Spirit of God or the Holy Spirit

What it means to me...I have never really understood the thought of the Holy Spirit within me until the last few years.

My thoughts on the subject...

  • I believe that God's Spirit lives within me. I believe that my conseience, or that little voice I sometimes hear, is the Holy Spirit living in me and trying to speak to me.
  • I believe that when I get random thoughts...out of the blue...it is the Holy Spirit speaking to me and trying to guide me. I don't always listen and follow at first...I sometimes fight it...I usually come around to do what is right.
  • I Love God...I love talking to him and letting him work in my life...I sometimes fear him when I am not walking the correct path as I feared my earthly father when I was young.
  • When I am trying to make a decision. I really try to be aware of my surounding, my thoughts and what people are saying to me. I try to let the Spirit within me and around me help me make decisions.
  • I believe the Holy Spirit surrounds us with love. God is a loving God. We are his children that he created for his on joy. I am not afraid of the Holy Spirt, I welcome it. It is a comfort to me.
  • Sometimes when I am praying, I ask God to let me feel him. I sometimes feel something in my heart that I like to think of as the spirt dwelling in me.

Psalm 51: 10-12

Create in me a clean heart, O God. And renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence, and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation. And uphold me with Your generous Spirit.

Exodus 31: 3
"And I have filled him with the Spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding, in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship."

Isaiah 11:2
The Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon Him, The Spirit of wisdom and understanding, The Spirit of counsel and might. The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord.

Ezekiel 36:27-28
"I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordiances. And you will live in the land that I gave to your forefathers; so you will be My people, and I will be you God."

No comments:

Post a Comment