Thursday, March 5, 2009

Don't Worry Be Happy...

Philippians 4: 4-9 (New International Reader's Version)
4 Always be joyful because you belong to the Lord. I will say it again. Be joyful. 5 Let everyone know how gentle you are. The Lord is coming soon.
6 Don't worry about anything. Instead, tell God about everything. Ask and pray. Give thanks to him. 7 Then God's peace will watch over your hearts and your minds because you belong to Christ Jesus. God's peace can never be completely understood.
8 Finally, my brothers and sisters, always think about what is true. Think about what is noble, right and pure. Think about what is lovely and worthy of respect. If anything is excellent or worthy of praise, think about those kinds of things. 9 Do what you have learned or received or heard from me. Follow my example. The God who gives peace will be with you.


The words of the Bible...what more do we need?


Don't worry be happy...tell it all to the Lord...and he will give you peace in your heart.

Times are tough right now for a lot of people...I have seen the worry in peoples eyes.

  • Money is short
  • Retirement savings are being lost
  • Prices are on the rise
  • Wages and benefits are being cut
  • Jobs are being cut
  • Companies are going out of business
  • Foreclosures on peoples homes
  • and much more...

In times like these, its hard to just give it all to the Lord. We as humans try to fix everything ourselves. Even though this is a hard concept to believe in. We must. We can't fix this mess on our on. Our entire county needs the Lords help. We as Christians must pray and petition Gods help.

I truly believe God helps and provides for us. I do believe we have to see and respond to the opportunities he provides. I don't expect him to send us food (manna) from heaven, to feed on, in our day. I do believe he provides unexplainable opportunities and gifts. We must pray and ask for his help and guidance. When prayers are answered we must give God the thanks and the glory.

I try my best to live by this. I seek joy and peace in my life.

A personal example of mine...I remember once when Lee was a baby...Ikey and I had made the decision for me to quit my job and stay home and be a full time mother to Lee. We really had to live on a low budget. Ikey was a new teacher at the time. His salary was low. One month we had a lot of extra expenses. I remember setting in my rocker one day rocking Lee. As I rocked I prayed. I prayed that some how we could stretch our money to finish out the month. As I rocked the phone rung. When I answered the phone it was my OB doctors office telling me that we had over paid $200.00 and that she was sending us a check. The timing could not have been better. I have to give God thanks and the glory for the timing of the call.

Read in Exodus 16 about the Lord Giving Israel food (manna) from heaven every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment