Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Concept of a Pre-Forgiving Heart...

I experienced an unwillingness to forgive, on my part, that imprisoned my soul and blocked a lot of joy for me for years. I was hurt and disappointed by a friend that I love so much. We became distant and had little or no contact. We both avoided each other. I would go to bed at night praying that I could forgive. Each time I prayed, I knew I had not forgiven. Finally... I found it in my heart to forgive. I am not sure of the moment. I just know... one night as I prayed I realized that it was not weighing on my heart anymore. It is so wonderful to not carry that unforgiveness around with me, it was like a heavy load of bricks that I could not put down.

Forgiving and receiving forgiveness are gifts we can give each other.

Forgiving little things like some one forgetting lunch, is easy. It is the big things that get us.
I am trying to practice a pre-forgiving heart now. I know at some time in my life I will be disappointed and hurt on a deep level by someone I love again. I have learned from the era of my ways. I am ready now... I pray I will never let the power of not forgiving ever take me over again. This is my prayer.

Mark 11:26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father who is in heaven forgive your sins.

Luke 6:37 Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

Luke 17:4 If he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times comes back to you and says, 'I repent,' forgive him.

1 comment: